Animal Place News
You can now watch education director Marji Beach’s presentation on The Humane Myth, presented at the World Veg Fest in San Francisco.
Celery – Did you know that celery leaves make a great garnish for just about anything? Check out the recipe below.
Russian Banana Fingerling Potatoes
Magical Celery Bisque – by Honest Fare
- Entire large cluster of celery
- Half a white onion
- One clove of garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or some red pepper flakes)
- 3/4 Tablespoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon sugar or agave nectar
- Small pinch black pepper
- 3/4 container silken tofu (or more if you like it creamier)
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups water
- Dice celery (including the leaves), garlic and onion. Heat olive oil in a large, deep pan or soup pot and sauté celery, onion, garlic, salt, black pepper until celery begins to break down a bit (about 6-7 minutes). Add water, cover, reduce heat and cook at a simmer until celery is very tender and falling apart (about 15 minutes).
- Spoon all the celery mixture into the food processor or blender (or use an immersion blender if you have one). Add the cayenne pepper, silken tofu and puree away until nice and smooth. Add a bit more water if it seems too thick.
- Serve it with some raw diced celery and celery leaves sprinkled on top!